Wednesday, May 6, 2009

PT Again

It was a miserable morning, with rain coming down, when I had to go to my PT appointment. I saw a different therapist today but she was good. There were a lot of "no-shows" because of the weather so I got some extra time in. We worked on stretching my right leg and it didn't feel too cozy! After I left, I came home and hopped back in bed and rested some more.

The bug man, Cris, came today and found a fire ant mound around the front (back) porch. They had been there long before, but I didn't realize they had returned. Since March 24, or before, I haven't been able to walk around the property to check on things. I knew some fire ants had taken up residence out by the road where I plant my artificial flowers. One day, I got a stick and disturbed the mound. If the mound gets disturbed too many times, they will move it. I got one bite, but it didn't have any long, lasting effects. To keep things under control, one has to walk around their property every now and then to see what is going on.

Trudy and George are getting a "new" mini van. It's 7 yrs. old and has 143,000 miles on it. It has a little crumbled front fender, and I mean little, and the man sold it for $750! The little Civic they were driving was just too small for the children. I bet Forrest is over 6' tall and Sadie is 5'4" or more. A Civic is for little people like me! I have ridden in the back seat of a Kia and and I didn't have enough leg room! A tall person was riding in the front seat and had the seat all the way back.

At the end of this month, the Villamors will be leaving for 3 weeks in the Philippines. They are all excited! I just pray that they will all come back home safely. Trudy will be house sitting for them for a couple of weeks and then Mary Kate will get someone to come in to feed the dogs for the week that Trudy isn't there. I think Trudy will be doing some painting for them too. If I had the mind, I would worry the whole time they'll be gone, but I don't have the mind to do that!

No comments: