Monday, September 8, 2008

Blue Monday #3

I planned to go out and get the oil changed in the car and buy a few groceries, but Dad is having a bad morning with lots of pain. After lunch, I said I was going out and he said just get what you need and come back which means, "don't take too long". I decided to not go anywhere because my knees are hurting again today and I don't want to be walking and hurting.

I woke up at 4:00 AM this morning. I lay in bed listening to the radio and got up at 7:00 AM. I had taken a nap Sunday afternoon and I think that is why I woke up so early. Plus I didn't get any exercise all week-end. Ah, such is life...!

I made a pretty card this morning. I used a dark card and rolled and stamped with white ink. It seemed to lack something, so I added some glitter to the flowers. It's the first time I had used the white ink and that set of stamps in a while.

Tonight I'll go to Karen's to study the Doctrine and Covenants. I found the Institute book for it and I have a red pencil and pen and a notebook for notes, etc. I hope this will help my mind to stay clear. Dad does Sudocu puzzles to help his mind stay clear. I hope playing the piano will help mine plus the reading I'll be doing. A mind is a terrible thing to waste...especially if you have one. Of all the things I miss, I miss my mind the most!!

No comments: