Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oil Change

My knees were hurting again today but I had to get out and get things done, so I went after lunch. I stopped by the post office to mail a couple of packages and then on to Express oil to get the oil changed. While I was there, I got the brakes checked. It was free. There is something in the brakes that is beginning to leak and on down the line sometime, this could explode and get brake juice on the brake pads and really mess everything up. It cost over $200.00 so I said I would have to talk with my husband before we did anything. I want it done so the car will be as dependable as possible for such an old car. We have about 232,000 miles on it and everything still works except the window washers. We pray over the car so it will keep running!

I went to Walmart after the oil change and bought Dad some more snack bars with which he supplements his diet.

Last night (Mon) I went to Karen's house for our first lesson on the Doctrine and Covenants. We heard the voices, the video wouldn't come in, of four of the professors of BYU talk about Sec. 1. I was prompted to take my computer glasses so I could see up close better, but I didn't listen (dummy). It was a good prompting that I ignored. I won't do that any more. I'll have to use the same glasses to play the piano in Primary. I can use my regular glasses but it's a strain.
The study time was great. I have some studying to do for next week. I hope my brain will be in better shape too. The bipolar has changed the way my brain works and the antidepressant assists in helping the brain to work as it should. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

Tomorrow, we will do our Wednesday thing and go to Ardmore to see the visitors center at the state line. When we went to the veterans museum, they told us about it. I'm going to take my camera this time and start to take pictures of our travels. I enjoy getting out and traveling around to see the various sites in our area. Since I've mailed Frankie's children the file folder games, I can use the purse I kept them in as a purse. I like my black purse, which is very new, but it's too small to fit my camera in. This other purse is khaki colored with a green tree and birds and things embroidered on it. It's cute and I have lots of room to put most anything smaller than the kitchen sink. Mary Kate, I mailed you a pair of pajamas that were too small for me. I forgot to get an XL and they were too tight. Hope you enjoy them. Got to watch Bill O'Reilly now.

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

hope you have fun today and your knee doesn't bother you too much! I feel like poo so I'm going to go back to bed! I love you, TJ

the Villamor's said...

Thanks so much for my PJs! I love them so ooooo much!

When I read the title to your post and then the first line....it reminded me of a former patient of Richard's....who believed spraying WD40 on her knee would make it move better:)