Friday, September 26, 2008

Finally Friday

It doesn't really matter that it's Friday or not. When your days are filled with nothing, it doesn't matter what day of the week it is. I did go to Walmart for some groceries this morning, and to the bank. It worries me that a lot of big banks are closing so I got some money out to have at home.

I was practicing the piano and got really down. I should be able to play this music without any trouble. I have to practice though since I haven't done much these last 5 years. I must be humble so the Lord will help me be strong again (and practice)! The middle c on my piano doesn't play most of the time and it irritates me. I don't know if it's something that can be fixed or not. It really doesn't need tuning again but the next time it gets tuned I'll see if the tuner can fix it. Maybe it is just getting old and worn out, like me!

The weather has really been great! tempts in the low 80's and no rain. We could always use the rain, but there's none on the horizon.

Mary Kate called to see if some sausage would still be good past the "sell by" date. I told her if the meat wasn't slimy and it didn't smell bad, it was probably alright to eat. We had several boxes of cereal that were a year beyond the due date and they really smelled bad. I thought stuff like that had enough preservatives in them that they had a loooong shelf life. Oh, well, the Shadow knowes....

No comments: