Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Doctor Day

I had my bone scan and then saw Dr. Shergy. It had been two years since I had had a bone scan and this one showed that I, at some time, had a stress fracture in my spine. One stress fracture leads to more fractures and Dr. Shergy wants to change my meds I'm taking for the osteoporosis. The new med is called Forteo and is self-injected. It's taken every 28 days for two years and it makes your body grow new bone. I want to try it but I have to consult my oncologist Dr. Dang about it since it (Forteo) caused cancer in baby rats. I'm all for it. The injections come in a pen that is filled with 28 doses. It would have a hair needle...not made of real hair, but as thin. I'll have to do as Dr. Dang recommends. My osteoporosis is such that I could fracture a bone If I fell down. Not a pretty sight! (ho-ho-ho...).

My knees have been hurting again. I had to stop by Walmart on my way home and the walking all over the store was bad with my knees acting up. I came home and almost took a nap. The phone rang a couple of times so that's why I "almost" got a nap.

Dad and I listened to the intro to the Doctrine and Covenants yesterday. It was nice.

The lending banks in Washington are going bust. The Congress is meeting and the President wants the tax payers to bail them out. Almost everyone doesn't like the Pres.' plan but some plan must be made to keep the world from exploding. I just want it to leave me alone.

Pauline and I will be going Visiting Teaching tomorrow. We'll see two sisters. We'll have to go out again or send a card or make a call to get everyone.

6 comments:

TheVillamorFamily said...

glad the needle isn't made from real hair.

a broken bone wouldn't be pretty.

hmmm a stress fracture on your spine??

well it is 5:40am, Nate is up getting ready -fixing his lunch right now. when he gets up he turns on ALL the lights(he got up before I did at 530am)too funny that boy!

i am exhaustingly trying to wake up already planning my nap. it won't be an almost nap like yours though. i will turn off the phones if I have to!! I will be OK after seminary though. Fridays are the hardest...and it doesn't help that I stayed up too late yesterday. I took a nap but

TheVillamorFamily said...

but so i stayed up a little later because I was on a roll and getting stuff done!

TheVillamorFamily said...

i am heading to the gym at 930am and then back home to clean

TheVillamorFamily said...

we are having some friends over for dinner tonight. it should be fun. Chili and baked potatoes is the menu.

TheVillamorFamily said...

especially if it is this cool outside! the weather has just been perfect!

TheVillamorFamily said...

ok...gotta get ready now!