Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Middle of the Week

We went to exercise today. Frank seems to like it and can usually do what the instructor does. We signed him in to the senior center and then came home.

I cooked cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli for lunch and washed two loads of clothes. We both read some this afternoon and then watched TV. It's 30 minutes 'til supper and I'm tired of sitting. I'm sitting now, but my mind is not glued to the TV.

I got a new book and it tells of Lehi's dream of the tree of life and is illustrated by the best pictures I've seen in a long time. I like realistic pictures of the Savior and not the romantic type pictures you see. This illustrators work appeals to me. The book has illustrations and then narrative between the pictures. It's an odd size-more of a small coffee table book, but I will read it anyway. I ordered another book about the New Testament. Hopefully, it will tell about the ancient Jewish customs and help us understand the Gospels better. There's another book from Acts to Revelation that I may get if this book turns out to be a help.

It's pretty hot outside but we've been in the house all afternoon so it hasn't bothered us.

The men who are going to take care of the downed trees will start on them probably in October. I put extra money in the main account to cover the cost but the vet bill was huge and everything cost more. I hope the money will last until they will do the work. It will last. I will make it last.

No comments: