Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday

Frank and I went to exercise while Trudy waited for Jenn to come at 9 AM. We just need her to come on Fridays now that Frank is going to exercise with me. He seems to enjoy it. Today the boom box wouldn't work and we listened to Janet as she explained why we did the different exercises. It was good.

After we got home, Jenn was there and Trudy and I went to town to run some errands. We stopped by the Dr's office to get a prescription and then by the pharmacy and the bank. It was the 1st time I had used the ATM machine by myself and it worked just fine. I got out some birthday money for Forrest for today is his birthday.

After I shopped at Walmart, Trudy said Forrest would meet us in Madison and we could have lunch together. We ate at Chick-fil-A. It was nice seeing him and I got a hug out of it. He left to go get a  hair cut and we came home.

Trudy got the end-table that goes with the chest of drawers I gave her and that matches the headboard that Sophia has. Dad has the only one left in his bedroom. Mary Kate wants the desk that is in the extra bedroom downstairs. She'll have to buy me some sort of table to replace the desk for there won't be anything to set things on there. Another piece of old furniture will do-just something to put stuff on in that room.

I called an appliance repair place about the Frigedaire  Commercial upright freezer that Trudy and George gave us. It won't cool and I would like it to work since it's taking up space in the basement.

Maybe when the woods get cleared, we can bury Rosco. He's been dead for 2-3 months now and is residing in the big freezer. After the trees fell during the tornadoes, our animal grave yard was obliterated, and there was no place to bury him. Years ago, we had a cat to die and the weather was awful and the kids wrapped him up and put him in the freezer without my knowledge, to wait 'til a better time to bury him. When the ground dried up enough to dig a grave, the kids held a New Orleans type funeral for the cat. Frankie on his trumpet and Jason with his trombone. Since then, only some of the meat in our freezer have names! Rosco was a bird, a Nanday Conure. He was 24 years old when he died.

No comments: