Monday, August 25, 2014

Falls

I got up 15 minutes early this morning so we would have plenty of time to get ready for exercise and found Frank on the floor of his bedroom. He fell but didn't remember how. I helped him get back in bed. His right hip was swollen up a lot and I decided he needed to see the Dr today more than I did so I called the office and had the Dr see him instead of me. I helped him get dressed and while he was in the bathroom washing his face, his knees buckled a couple of times and down he went. He was between the sink and the door so he didn't fall far. When I got him out to the car, he said he felt a little light headed. He doesn't remember how he falls. His left hip went down but is sore. In fact, he says he's sore all over. That's three falls in two weeks. I can't leave him alone for fear of him falling. His blood pressure was low at the Dr's and he said to cut down on the blood pressure meds he takes.

Mary Kate and Sophia are coming up this week-end. I'll have to call Home Instead to see in Jenn or someone can come and stay with Frank for 6 hours. Mary Kate and I and family usually go out Saturday and shop in Madison and H'ville. There's a new craft store I want to show her. There's a picture of birds that I want to buy if it's still there.

President Monson's talk is about being prepared in this months Ensign magazine. We are prepared but I cringe at the thought of what will be coming to make us use our preparations.

I had steel cut oats again for supper. I made a double batch and they were fresh and were so good with fruit and nuts. I skip the nuts for they hurt my mouth. I'm still going to eat the diet food until it's gone. Yuck! I'm so tired of it.

No comments: