Friday, August 15, 2014

Interesting Day

Jenn came at 9:30 AM and I headed into town. I stopped by Allstate and had the insurance taken off the 1990 Honda. Now it's officially a piece of junk.

I stopped by a service station for a diet drink. They didn't have Pepsi so I had to get Coke. Then I drove to Madison to Kohl's. I got a blouse and two pair of pants. One pair I don't have to take up and the other pair I do. I stopped by the craft store where Karen will be selling her doll clothes. I bought a pair of tree earrings for $12.00 and hope they don't bother my ears. I saw a painting of a bird but it didn't have a price on it. It's a big store and everything is hand made.

Then I went to Sam's and shopped. I always spend too much money there but I got stuff that will last forever.

Came home at 1:30 PM. The Wright's were just finishing up picking the pears from our pear tree. There's far too many pears for me to handle and the Wright's have 6 children and home school and I used to teach one of their girls piano lessons. I love their family.

Trudy came over later. She had stopped by the Pain Clinic and picked up Frank's scripts and had gone by the pharmacy and gotten the medicine, too. She was hurting pretty bad and went downstairs to get on the heating pad.

Tomorrow, Home Depot is delivering the upright freezer. They will carry off the old one. Next, I guess we'll have to get a generator to keep the freezer on when the electricity goes off. Our big chest freezer has never melted completely when the power was off. We don't keep meat in it just mostly bread and bird pellets. The power was off 4 days after the tornadoes blew by.

No comments: