Friday, March 2, 2012

Storms

It wasn't raining when I left for the senior center, but we had some gully washers while we were exercising! I had brought my small umbrella from the car in with me and I needed it when I left. I had to go by the shoe shop with some of Frank's shoes and the power was off downtown. The street lights were all out. I decided not to go to Curves since the weather was so bad and it really rained on me on the way home. There were ditches were full and running out onto the highway on the way home. Our yard had big puddles in it and so did the neighbor's yards. It stopped raining and the sun may be out, but another cold front is headed our way this afternoon, so we should get some more storms.

There was some damage done to houses in the Eastern part of Limestone Co. Don't know if anyone was hurt or not.

I've ordered a tomato bag and a cage and a tomato kit. We will have home grown tomatoes this year! The bag you just fill with dirt and plant the tomato plant in it. The kit has soil and everything. Plus I got castors to go on the container so I can roll it where ever I want it. I'll probably put it on the sidewalk so it will be close to the house. Don't know where I'll put the bag. It's rather small and won't take up much space. It will be fun to be growing something again.

No comments: