Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Day

It was 87.6 degrees F today, March 15th. March is supposed to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb, but not this year! I had on blue jeans all day and when I went to exercise with Janet, I got hot.  I came home and went downstairs and got my summer clothes out. But sadly I have gained weight and not too many of last years clothes fit. I'll have to get all new summer digs and go up a size. It makes me want to go out shopping tomorrow and buy, buy, buy! Tomorrow Carrielee comes for her piano lesson. I made some flash cards and then I bought some that look better. I'll let her take home my homemade ones and I'll keep the new ones.

Rain was predicted all day and it finally came at 6:30 PM. We had some thunder and it rained hard for a spell and then it passed on by. The sunset was gorgeous. Frank took some pictures of it. The sky was an orange color and made pretty pictures.

We have had snow in the middle of April, so we may not be out of the woods yet. April 15th is the last day of killing frost, I believe. I saw some nice planters at General Dollar while I was there and I want to get some planters and grow flowers in them. I'll have the tomato plants to take care of and it would be nice to have some pretty flowers to be growing along side of them.

No comments: