Saturday, October 15, 2011

Shopping Again

I haven't been able to blog in two days for I couldn't get into my blog. Don't know exactly why.

Mary Kate and kid and I went to H'ville Friday and shopped. We carried my Sleep Science mattress back to Costco. We carried it out to her big Honda and folded it in half and got it in. We got an orange dolly at the store and wheeled it in for a refund. They refunded the entire price of the mattress even though I had slept on it for a year. It hurt my back. We went to Hobby Lobby and Mary Kate returned some things.  We came home and the kids played with Grampie.

Today we went to Walmart in Athens and I got two pair of black sweat pants and a long sleeved shirt. Then we drove to H'ville and went to the Mall and to The Shoe Dept. I found the shoes like I have and like a lot and I bought two pair and a pair of house shoes. Sophia got a pair of boots and a black pair of shoes for her choir outfit. Nate was wishing for some shoes but didn't get any this time.

After shopping, we went to Trudy's. She wasn't going to be there when we got there, so we stopped at Subway and got lunch. Trudy was getting a pizza for the rest of the family. We had a nice visit with everyone. Even George was there. And of course it was great fun seeing "the boys", Carhartt  and Benny (the dogs!).

We got home at 4 PM, fixed supper and walked down the road to feed Danny Boy some apples. It was good to get out and walk although we were tired. Mary Kate took up the hem of my sweat pants. I had bought a pair of jeans at Kids Mart that were the wrong size but fit Mary Kate, so we had the sewing machine out and she took up her jeans. I have one more pair of pants to take up but will get Karen to help me for they are expensive pants and Mary Kate doesn't want to fix them. I think I have enough pants now with what I had from last year. They plan to leave for home after church and lunch tomorrow. It'll be sad to see them go.

My new mattress won't be here until next Friday so I'm sleeping on an air mattress on the box springs. We had two air mattresses which was good for MK was sewing on the bed and forgot about the air mattress and stuck a pin in it! I didn't want to end up on a flat mattress in the morning so I got the other air mattress and Dad blew it up for me with the vacuum cleaner. The kids slept on the injured mattress and the air stayed in. I will really appreciate my new mattress when it gets here!

No comments: