Friday, October 7, 2011

Fiddler's Convention

It was a lovely Fall day to be going to the Fiddler's Convention! The temperature was about 85 degrees and the wind was slightly blowing. My brother, Ruth and I went strolling around the various booths looking at all the  things people had been making and selling. I bought a pair of earrings and a lanyard made out of pretty turquoise beads. What I'll use it for I don't know, but I have it and it's pretty! Ruth had a list of people she had to buy Christmas presents for and found a lot to things for all the people on her list. We walked around for about 1 1/2 hours and then bought some Kettle Korn an a drink and sat on the bleachers and waited for the music to begin. The first group were three sisters, all fiddle title holders, who fiddled and sang and sounded great. They were from Texas and played Texas swing music. They were very good. We left after they finished. The other music didn't start until later.

We had eaten lunch at Taco Bell and I had some chicken on flat bread which was very good. I usually don't like Taco Bell, but I have found a couple of things I like on their menu. I pretty well shot my diet today but I did exercise by all the walking I did. I'll have to make up for it by exercising in the basement tomorrow.

No comments: