Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wednesday

We went to exercise. Friday, Janet will be out of town and Tom will conduct the class. We came back home and spent the day watching Fox News. It's always on the TV whether anyone's watching it or not.

Tomorrow, I take the car in to get the air bag replaced as per the recall. Trudy will meet us at the dealership and will take Frank home with her and Sadie and I will go shopping for clothes. That's the plan anyway.

Frankie's seen his lawyer and Rachel will get a summons to court, I believe. He wants to go to mediation. He wants to see his kids more and she's keeping him from seeing them. He feels like he has some control in his life now. He's going to talk to Target about a full time job. That would be good for him. No stress and more pay. His bipolar gets in the way of him getting a job in the field he trained in. He can't stand the stress of teaching. I couldn't stand it either. It takes a special person to be a good teacher. Back in the old days, when parents saw that their children did their work and were respectful to their elders, teaching might have been better, I don't know. I taught one year of Jr High in 1967-68 in Key West, FL. They needed a teacher so bad they hired an Arts and Science graduate who had no teaching experience. I got through the year and it was the second hardest thing I ever did. The first hardest thing was graduating from 4 years of college. Four years of college is an endurance course for sure. I'm glad I graduated and I'm proud that my 3 children are college graduates, too.

Frankie got his masters and taught school for a few years. Trudy taught PE at an elementary school until Forrest was 14 years old and Mary Kate studied early childhood education but didn't go to work. She had a pre-school for a couple of years and then became a personal trainer at a gym. She really enjoys that and is getting a certification in nutrition now.

No comments: