Friday, April 3, 2015

Quiet Day

Didn't go anywhere today. Just sat home and occasionally walked Jordan. Frank stayed in his room all day.

We're supposed to have bad weather tonight. It's clouded up and I hear thunder in the distance. Hopefully no tornadoes will be formed. We must have a cold front moving through.

Tomorrow and Sunday we have General Conference. My friend, Wanda, has a birthday Sunday, and I'll have to make or buy her a cake and get her a card. She always remembers my birthday on Jan 5th instead of the 9th but she always remembers and makes me a cake with diabetic icing on it. I have to get up early tomorrow and go  to Walmart to get some fixings to make a cake. I think I have the cake mix but I don't have any Cool Whip to go on top. I put Heath bars crushed up on the top. Trudy said you're supposed to poke holes in the top and pour caramel into the holes but that would be too rich for me and I haven't fixed any that way.

With the drought so bad in California, they may not be able to grow fresh veggies and fruit and it will hurt the whole country. I need to buy some  more canned veggies, corn, peas, etc. to go in the food room. I don't have much of anything except a few cases of green beans and we have been eating fresh veggies so long that we haven't eaten any canned green beans. Tomorrow, I'll  some broccoli, Kale, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, if they have any, and some tomatoes, little salad tomatoes and some more salad plus the Cool Whip.

No comments: