Saturday, April 18, 2015

Hair Cuts

We had hair appointments at 9 AM. Forrest wanted to get his hair cut too and Kari had time to do it so we all three got our hair cut. Today was Ashlee's birthday and Forrest wanted to look good. It was good seeing him. He's about 6'3-4" tall but he bent down to give me a hug. Trudy decided her layers weren't short enough but I liked my hair cut.

After the hair cuts, we went to Hobbs Jewelry and took the ring I want to have sized for Sadie. They could do it and I can pick it up Tuesday, I believe.  It isn't costing that much. I want her to have something from home when she goes to school. She likes rings and I said I would buy her some from Dreamland Jewelry.com if she found some she liked. Their prices are very good for Sterling silver rings.

I accidentally caused the DVD player to work, I don't really know what I did to make it work, but Frank and I watched a British mystery this afternoon. We must be dumb bells for most of the mystery went over our heads. I'd have to watch it again and again to follow along with the plot. Afterwards, I had to figure out how to get back to regular TV and I got back to Fox News but the picture was frozen. I called Trudy and asked for help and she told me to turn the TV off and then back on and that worked. I was doing that but I was using the DVD player remote and it wasn't working. The new remotes are unfamiliar too, and that didn't help. I have to admit that I am getting too old for new things.

Tomorrow, Carol will bring the crafts we did Friday. She took them home to put the grout on them. So far, it looks like we will be going to church. I got Frank another white, long-sleeved shirt in a larger size so the neck wouldn't be so tight. I also got him a tie tack. It's gold and has the Nauvoo temple on it.

I'll need to cook tomorrow. We're about through with the barley soup and the goulash has only one more serving left. I have a cabbage, a cauliflower and some Brussels sprouts to cook. I'm not writing down my food in the food diary. I'm tired of doing that. I don't want to go back to eating more than I should but I'm tired of always being hungry. Maybe a week off will help and then I'll go back to counting calories.

No comments: