Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving

This is written Saturday after Thanksgiving. Frankie and kids got here before Mary Kate's family did. Frankie and family slept upstairs and Mary Kate's downstairs. The house wasn't as packed as I thought. The kids played outside for a while and Mary Kate and Nate and I walked down the road after dinner. I think Frankie walked, too. We all had a good time together.

Frankie and Mariam and Josh left around 9 AM Friday and Mary Kate, Richard and Sophia and Nate went Black Friday shopping. I went , too! Mary Kate and I got new purses at Kohl's and I got a new pair of shoes at Academy Sports. The shoes were comfortable at first but after I wore them for a while my left toes were at the end of the shoe and I got my regular size. I'll try to take them back and hopefully they will take them back or let me trade them in on a new size. I paid big bucks for them and I'll really be sad if I can't take them back.

Richard got a lens that fit on his smart phone and he takes really good pictures. Mary Kate found a couple of pair of pants at Khol's she liked. We had to stop and get some milk before we came home.

Saturday, Mary Kate and Nate went to Trudy's to help her get ready for the dinner at her house today. I brought the smoked turkey and we had barbecue and baked beans and slaw. It was all good. George finished the kitchen floors last night and they really looked good. They are hard wood. The tile was going to be too heavy for the floors to hold so he got the wood. The house was cleaned and everything looked good.

We got to meet Ashlee and her mother, Georgia. Forrest and Ashlee will be getting married next year. They didn't eat at the table so we really didn't get to know them.

Tonight, Mary Kate got the sewing machine out and made some cute hand warmers filled with rice. She took up the sleeves of a blue jean jacket Trudy had given me and took up the pants she got at Kohl's. The Auburn-Alabama game is on now. Richard is rooting for Auburn and I for Alabama. right now Auburn is ahead. They beat us last year and I hope it won't be a repeat this year.

No comments: