Monday, November 24, 2014

Package Arrived

Went to exercise today. The senior center will be closed the rest of the week for Thanksgiving. I shopped at Walmart for some groceries afterwards and then came home. Frank didn't go because he still has a bad cough and doesn't need to be around others. I don't think he's contagious but the cough sounds bad. I got him two bottles of expectorant and maybe that will help.

I cleaned downstairs today. The floors were dirty. I don't clean down there on a regular basis because no one lives there. Trudy comes once a week and I guess I should sweep the floors once a week for her sake. I cleaned the bath tub. There's a light out and I couldn't see how clean the tub was but I put enough scrubbing bubbles in the tub to float the dirt away and then I used the scrubber to help clean. Trudy says she will bring the other air mattress over. We will have 13 people staying here during Thanksgiving.  Mary Kate's family of 4, plus Trudy's family of probably 3, and the 2 of us plus Frankie's 3. That's 12. I was counting Forrest in with Trudy's family, but he will probably be with his girl friends house for Thanksgiving. I have 2, 10-12 lb smoked turkeys ordered and I will make potato salad instead of dressing. Mariam can't have corn products and the dressing at the grocery store had corn syrup in it. Frankie said he would look in Knoxville to see if there is any corn-free dressings there. Mary Kate, I just talked to her and then forgot what I was going to write...she is making a wild rice dressing she can eat because it doesn't have any gluten and it's good.

I told Mariam to bring her colored markers for I have some very plain cards she can decorate and she's going to bring her new doll and I bought some doll clothes from Karen that I will give her. I bought a football for Josh. Maybe it will be pretty Thanksgiving Day and the men folk can go out and throw the football around. It will be a fun time if we don't strangle each other being all packed into this little house!

The package from Amazon arrived today instead of Saturday. The mess up was probably at the Athens PO for Amazon said the package had been delivered when I checked with them. It was a battery operated callas remover for the feet. It works pretty good. Something I could have done without but didn't. 

No comments: