Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday

Janet was back from Paris and was at exercise. She leads the Silver Sneaker's work out. I learned the name of another member of the group. Her name was Kathryn. Slowly, I am going to try to learn the names of everyone who comes regularly.

I took two pictures by the frame shop to get new frames. I need to call or go by and tell them to put new glass in one of the pictures. It's a crewel picture of a house my mother did long time ago, maybe in the 1920's or later. They were open at 9 AM. A lot of the stores on the square don't open til 10 AM. Then I went to the Dollar Tree and got some tissue paper. I got a small present for Janet and I had a small sack to put it in but it needed some tissue paper to go in it. It's a small plaque that says, "Paris flea market" on it. It was very inexpensive but I thought she would like it since she's just returned from Paris. 

Frank didn't go to exercise today. He asked for a bottle of expectorant and I did have one bottle. I'll have to get some more. His cold has gone into his chest but he feels all right.

I ordered two smoked turkeys, about 10-12 lbs. The lady said one would feed 15 people but I don't think it will. I got one for our house and one to take over to Trudy's house the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Both of them will be $80.00. But it's worth it to me to not have to worry about what to fix for family. Frankie and Mariam and Josh will be here Tues and Wed and Mary Kate and her family will arrive Wed night. My refrigerator isn't large enough to fit all the food in. I'll have to clean it out and get rid of things like the Greek yogurt no one is eating and we'll have to eat the cottage cheese that's in there and make room for turkey and potato salad. Frankie likes my potato salad and when he's home I try to have some. Last time I used 3 lbs of red potatoes and it made 3 lbs of potato salad! A gallon Zip Loc bag held it all and the bags take up less room in the refrigerator. I get nervous when I know I have to cook for people. 

No comments: