Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Blanket

 We slept in and after lunch went to Khol's. Being Veterans Day, I guess, everybody was at Khol's. There were no buggies and I had to wait in line to check out. I was looking for a down-alternative blanket for my twin bed and I almost didn't find it. There were lots of blankets in the wrong size but somehow I lucked up and found the right color and size. I got Frank a blue and brown plaid long sleeve shirt and got him a tie to match. It was expensive but I can always take them back if he doesn't wear them. I forgot about getting him a belt but I found one in Walmart and it probably cost $20.00 less. Probably not as pretty, but it will do the job. After going in Kohl's with Trudy and I, Frank decided to stay in the car and I was glad. With all the people and no buggy to lean on, it would have been more hectic with him with me.

I used the rest to the large cabbage to cook the cabbage, smoked sausage, onion and tomatoes in a 4 qt pot instead of the large skillet which wasn't large enough. It is very good and an old college roomy saw I had put it on Facebook and tried it too and liked it. It was nice hearing from her.

Carol and the girls are coming Friday to do a craft with me. I'm looking forward to it.

Trudy had a better night last night and feels like coming over tomorrow to spend the night with us. We're going to have some really cold weather, 43 degrees, so I may have to turn the gas stove on in the basement for her.

No comments: