Thursday, December 5, 2013

To Town

I got ready to go to town early so I wouldn't have any crowds at Walmart. Had to get some milk. We drink 3 gallons of milk a week and we were almost out. I got the 2 hams for the Christmas party at church Saturday night. When I was unloading the car, I didn't see the hams and later when I thought about it, I realized I hadn't unloaded them.  I checked my receipt and saw that I had purchased the hams and I thought I might have left them at the store. I called Walmart and expressed my concerns. Afterwards, I thought to look in the car again and found them behind some papers. I called Walmart and told them I had found the hams. Saturday morning, I'll put the sliced hams in the crock pot and take them to church warm. I personally don't care for ham but on the list I saw another person was bringing a ham and decided that's what I would bring too. Others were cooking turkeys.

Tomorrow, I'll go to exercise and then to pick up my ring at the jewelers and I have to go by the court house. I got a letter from our lawyer today saying to take the deed by the courthouse and see if we have any exemptions. I don't know what he is talking about but I will take his letter and the paper with me and show the clerks and see what's going on.

I mailed two packages at the PO today. There was a line and wait time. There were only two clerks waiting on people. Mary Kate had forgotten her jacket and a gluten-free book I had bought her. The package wasn't full enough so I put 1/2 a large package of coco-pebbles in on top of the contents to fill up the package. She'll have a sweet surprise when she opens it. I sent Frankie and family a furniture mover that had been sitting around here for months. They needed it when they moved into their new house but I didn't know where it was then. I hope it has some instructions with it so they'll know what it's for. I had thought to mail the packages tomorrow when I'm in town but it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow and I decided it was prudent to go into town again and mail the packages when it wasn't raining, so I did. 

No comments: