Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday Again

The exercise class was held at the Central Church of Christ in Athens. Betty arranged for us to meet there. They have a nice large gym and about 20 people came. We just used the bands, no balls or weighs. It was fun. I came home after exercise.

I cooked a meatloaf using 2 lbs of ground chicken. We can eat it but I don't really like the taste. Maybe some catchup will help. Around 10:30 AM I realized I had a bone scan and Dr visit in H'ville at 2:20 PM. I had forgotten about it and would have missed it if it had been in the AM. I left at 1 PM and went on I-65 to avoid any Christmas traffic. Trudy was going to meet me there at 2 PM. When she got there, I was already getting the bone scan. We saw Dr Shergy afterwards and he was pleased with the results of the scan. He said I had gained 3% of bone and that I was doing well.

Going home, I decided to go on Hy 72 and boy, was that a mistake. It was bumper to bumper traffic all the way to Athens, almost. I'm not going to get out and go to town tomorrow, the day before Christmas. I don't need anything. Trudy's family is coming over for Christmas lunch and I have everything I need. I have a ham, sweet potatoes and frozen veggies and Trudy said she would bring a cake. I do need to get some drinks and I can run to Dollar General just a mile down the road for that.

It's time for a hair cut or just a trim. The dear person who cuts my hair cuts it the same way every time, no matter what I say, but she is a long time friend and the hair always grows back. When it gets a little long (the hair), it goes crazy with curls. It's too thin to use rollers and a curling iron, so I just let it dry by itself and deal with how it turns out. When it's shorter, the curls aren't hard to handle.

No comments: