Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dr. Visit

Got up at 6:30 AM to have plenty of time to get ready to leave the house at 8AM for a Pain Clinic visit at 9 AM. We got going a little late, but it doesn't take an hour to drive to H'ville so we have a little wiggle room. We got the Rx and came back to Athens to the pharmacy. I think I was tired for I was dozing in the recliner when Frank ask if I was getting hungry. We had eaten all the fresh veggies and I had to open a can of peas. I need to make a run to Walmart for some fresh veggies. I have some frozen veggies we can have tonight.

After lunch, I dozed in the chair again. I got up and ate a few M&M's to get some energy and then chased dust bunnies around sweeping the floors.

When I became 70, I was going to write an essay on my feelings at being 70. I put it off and now realize, I'm almost 71! I think the first thing I thought about on becoming 70 was that people start dying off in their 70's. Then, I remember my father turning 70 and I thought how old that was then. It's not that old now...My mom died at 69 because she smoked all her life and then got cancer and died. Dad lived 'til he was 87. He turned 87 in the hospital. He had climbed up on his roof, at 86,  to get the leaves off and he slipped on some wet leaves and fell off the house. He broke his hip, but the Dr's said it had healed. When they took him off the life support, he died the next day. I don't know about any of my other ancestors,  how long they lived. 70 is old. I still have the energy to shop til I drop, trouble is, I don't drop. I get energized at the thought of shopping. I might be slowing down a bit. Since my hip replacement, I have no desire to work in the yard. We pay to have the yard mowed and the older boys and their leader are coming out to do the pruning on the crape myrtles as a service project.  I sometimes wish I colored my hair like a lot of ladies my age do, but Frank likes it grey and I really don't want to fool with coloring it every 6 weeks. I guess that's my essay on becoming 70. This way the girls will have it in my blog book.

I still have my bone rattling cough. It's been going on almost 2 weeks. I haven't felt bad and that's the only symptom I have so going to the Dr would be useless. Going to the Dr may be a luxury in the future with ObamaCare being the law of the land now. I somehow hope it will pass up Medicare people. I believe our drug costs will go up. No sense worrying about it now. 

No comments: