Monday, June 17, 2013

Visit

Mary Kate and the kids are coming today later on this afternoon or night. I have plenty of food and drink. Mary Kate has a Dr. appointment and has to have tires put on the car (or something) and will leave after the Dr. appointment. They will be here after supper.

I cooked a pork roast in the crock pot and have fixings for tacos. I went to Walmart for some more food and when I was leaving, dark clouds and wind blew up. I got the groceries loaded and got in the car before the rain came. It rained really hard on the way home. I had to uses my raincoat to bring the groceries in the house. It's stopped now and hopefully the weather will be pretty tomorrow. We usually go to H'ville to shop the next day after they get here. I think I will buy the kids a book a piece and start a tradition with them. The last time they were here, I bought them books and they seemed to like it.

Dad's blood sugar was good today. I've been reading the book about dementia and have really been getting down over it. The book says that not everyone will have all the symptoms but having just a few of them will tear me up. My brother has dementia and I don't think he's been all that bad. I'm not around him all that much but Ruth would have told me if he were having symptoms like I'm reading about. The book said people die from dementia. What a nice thought.

No comments: