Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cooking Day

I went to buy groceries about 10:30 AM and there were plenty of people already there. I guess Saturday is a big shopping day for people. I got the things on my list and then some.

After lunch, I was tired so I drank a Coke to get some energy. I had to wash clothes and practice the piano. I practiced the ukulele too. I ordered three American fold song books from Amazon. After Alita learns a few more chords on the uke, I'll be teaching her songs to sing. I'm looking forward to getting the books. They didn't come for their lessons Friday. I don't know why.

I cooked this afternoon. I cooked cauliflower and yellow squash and we had chicken burgers for supper. I used ground chicken with Ranch dressing mixed in. Next time, I'll use 1/2 the Ranch dressing and will add some bread crumbs or oatmeal to it to hold the chicken together. They had a good taste but were a bit too salty.That with milk and bread rounded out the meal.

I'm still reading The 36 Hour Day. I hope Frank doesn't get as bad as some of the symptoms in the book. When we see Dr Boyer in November, we'll find out what kind of dementia he has. Maybe it will be a slow growing disease.

No comments: