Friday, June 28, 2013

Thursday Written On Friday

Wednesday night Frankie called and told us his family was coming down to Murphreesboro, TN to pick up Luke from a month long art course at the University there and invited Trudy and I to come and meet them for lunch and see Luke's pictures. It was on the spur of the moment but we got it arranged and Trudy, Sadie and I drove to Murphreesboro. It took us over 1 1/2 hours to drive it and find Frankie and his family. Everyone but Kayla was there. She has something else going on she didn't want to miss.

We walked through the art gallery and saw Luke's work and the work of the other students. It was very interesting. It was getting late, 3:00 PM and everyone was hungry so we checked Luke out and went to a sit down restaurant and had an early supper, 4:00 PM or a very late lunch.

We were using Trudy's iPhone to get directions from but I took a wrong turn and took us on the scenic route on the way home. We were on a two lane winding mountain road through TN but finally made it back to Fayetteville, TN and from there on to Trudy's house. I stayed a bit at Trudy's looking at George's chickens and garden. Forrest was there and I got to say, "Hey", to him. I finally got home about 8:15 PM. It was just getting dark. It was a nice trip. I don't think I could plan an 8 hour trip away from Frank. It wouldn't be right, although he did okay for himself.

No comments: