Friday, June 21, 2013

Quiet Day

We just rested up from our company. I'll go to the grocery store tomorrow morning.

Trudy's facet injections were better this time and she's in less pain. She has an appointment to see a neurosurgeon about her back sometime soon. Her Dr thinks she's too young to go on disability but she can't work inside or outside the home. Maybe the neurosurgeon will have something good for her.

My good friend Kathy sent Frank a birthday card. His birthday is the 23rd which is Sunday. She is always faithful in sending cards for birthdays and anniversaries. It's a talent I wish I had.

The choir sings this Sunday and I need to practice on the song we will be doing. Plus, the next Sunday, the choir sings a song that Summer-Rae will play the piano and I will direct (!) I could have learned the piano part but I thought that April was going to be doing it and I didn't learn it. I complained to Summer-Rae and she said she would play it and I could direct! Wow! I haven't conducted a song since, well, it's been 30 years or so. It will be scary but fun. I need to practice conducting the song, too.

Frank does nothing all day but lie in bed. He comes into the living room and lays on the bed there, then goes back into his room. I wish he could do something. He changed two light bulbs in my room yesterday but it was hard for him to balance. I guess I need to buy a small 3-4 step ladder for the upstairs. We have two 5-6' ladders downstairs but they would be too hard for me to bring up and use plus there would be no place to store a large ladder upstairs.

Mary Kate helped me clean up under the sink in the upstairs bathroom. Slowly, but surely the house is getting cleaned out. Trudy is coming over Monday and spending the night. We can go to the grocery store, no, I'm doing that tomorrow. We'll find something to do.

No comments: