Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Slow Day

Trudy couldn't come over today. I went to town to go to the bank and to take back a razor to Walmart. I had cut Frank's hair with it but it didn't cut evenly, so it went back. I came home and fixed lunch.

Frank has been checking his blood sugar once before meals and then 2 hours after. His numbers have been high. Maybe he needs to take more of the metformin, the diabetic medicine. The dietitian will look at the numbers and the food he are and she can tell me tomorrow what I should do. There's a 2 hour follow up class tomorrow at the hospital.

Dr Walker told us about a book, The 36 Hour Day. He recommended we read it. I ordered it from Amazon that day and got it today (the next day). It's about dementia and the problems the patients and families have. I've read two chapters and find it helpful already. It's a small book and very thick. I guess I'll be reading it at night instead of reading on my Kindle.

Mary Kate and the kids are coming up Monday and staying until Wednesday. Trudy will come over tomorrow. Don't know if Sadie will be coming or not.

No comments: