Thursday, June 13, 2013

Great Day

Trudy came over Wednesday and spent the night. We cleaned out the closet in her room and the downstairs bathroom. Her closet wasn't very cluttered but the bathroom was a disaster. I cleaned out old sheet sets for a full bed and old pillows, tablecloths and lots of odds and ends. I have about 4 large bags to take to the Salvation Army. I'll do that after exercise in the morning. We had vacuuming and mopping the floors on the list, but after lunch, I didn't want to do that. I'll do it Saturday for Mary Kate and Sophia and Nate will be coming Monday and staying 'til Wednesday. I'm to go VT Wednesday about 1 PM. I don't know when MK and the kids will be leaving.

Trudy wants to dry pack the packages of powdered milk we have in the basement. I don't really want to do that but we have a lot and they cost about $20.00 a box.

I ordered a ukelele from Amazon today. It's like the one I bought at AB Stephens for $50.00. This one cost me $35.00. I wish I could think of Amazon when I want to buy something. I got two beginning uke books and a bag of picks. I had a nice felt pick when I was young and played the ukelele. I kept in inside the ukelele and when I wanted to play with it, I just shook the ukelele upside down until the pick fell out. Those were the days, my friend, I thought they'd never end...

We were going VT today but a big storm was supposed to hit between 1-5 PM, the time we were going to be out. We decided to cancel. It rained furiously for a short period of time and then the sun was out and the skies were blue. Go figure.

No comments: