Saturday, June 29, 2013

Not A Cook

I spent the morning cooking. I put some drumsticks in the crock pot with B-B-Q sauce and then put a chuck roast with carrots and potatoes and onions in the oven. I didn't put any soup on the chuck roast because I didn't know if Frank could have the soup. Well, the roast got overcooked. I got my mini food processor out and ground up the meat so we could eat it and then put some brown gravy on that. It had the consistency of dog food and probably didn't taste as good. I told Karen I was going to throw it in the garbage and she said to give it to her and she would feed her dogs with it or mix it in with their food. We'll find out how the drumsticks are tomorrow for lunch. I'll never cook another chuck roast. I remember them being moist and very tender but mine have all been tough and not fit to eat.

I got my hair cut this afternoon. The pictures that Trudy took of our trip showed my hair looking like I had run into a fan on the way to the car. I didn't realize how long it had gotten or how bad it looked.

Tomorrow is another day and is Sunday. I direct the choir tomorrow and will be glad when it's over. The choir will do fine. They always do so it won't matter that I'm the one up there waving my arms around like a bat.

No comments: