Monday, October 1, 2012

Rain

The car was looking a little dusty so I wanted it to rain. It rained over night and rained today while we were feeding the animals. I had taken my raincoat with me and Karen had given me a visor to wear to keep any rain out and I surely needed it. I had to empty the feed containers before I could put the feed into them. It started raining while we were out in the open. We finished up and went inside the building to do the chickens and dogs. The goats get into the pens in the building when it rains and make a mess to be cleaned up. The horses get under the trees and the loose chickens cuddle up to the building where the roof over-hang protects them from the rain.

Frank woke up with a fever this morning. I wasn't sure if I was going to get to go to exercise, but I got his breakfast and Rx in him and got him back to bed. Afterwards, I had some feelings of anxiety that I couldn't place until I remembered he was sick.

I've got beans cooking and chicken legs in the crock pot. The chicken has been sitting in the refrigerator for a while and I was afraid it night be bad but it wasn't. I got all 6 legs in the crock pot and put it on "high" and hopefully it will be ready for supper.

The Fiddler's Convention is coming up this Friday and week-end. My brother and sister-in-law will be coming up and we will eat lunch together and then go walking around the Fiddler's Convention. They have craft booths and it is a lot of fun to walk around and possibly find things to buy. The music starts Friday evening at 4:00 PM. We usually stay for an hour and then leave. It makes for a good visit and choice afternoon.

No comments: