Saturday, October 13, 2012

At Last

My last entry was after the Fiddler's Convention and then the hard drive on my computer died. I had to take the computer to the Apple store in H'ville and they told me the hard drive was bad. It's 5 years old and time for a new hard drive. Frank ordered one online and got it the next day and he installed it and spent the next 2 days formatting the new hard drive. It's working now and I hope it will continue to work right.

When I was over at Karen's helping feed the animals, she found a dead goat. The goat had tried to eat some hay that was high up and somehow hung herself. She had a baby that refused to leave the body of the mother. The baby is old enough to be without the mother. I wanted to stay with Karen until the man came too bury the goat, but I had to get back home to help Frank and couldn't stay. I really enjoy helping feed the various animals. Ken will still be gone about 3 weeks. They haven't launched the rocket yet and it will be a while after that that he will be able to come home.

Talked to Mary Kate tonight. They had been in Atlanta today with Sophia trying out for a state choir. There were only 55 slots and kids from all over Georgia were trying out. It was good for her to try out whether she gets it or not. I'm proud of her. Trudy and Sadie are coming over Tuesday morning after Seminary to look at some books I'm getting rid of. I have lots of books I'm deleting. I can't read fine print anymore and Frank won't read them, so why keep them?

No comments: