Thursday, July 12, 2012

Uh-Oh

All the day yesterday, Wednesday, I thought something was going to happen but it didn't. Today, it did. I had gone back to bed to read and snuggle in the covers when the phone rings. I answer it, but don't recognize the voice. The voice said they were coming and I didn't understand why "they" were coming. I asked "why" they were coming and the voice said, "For Carrielee's lesson..." and I then realized who I was talking to! It was Sophrona and she said she would be at my house in about 3 minutes. I leaped out of bed and into some clothes, washed my face, combed my hair and there they were. Carrielee and I had a good lesson. In fact, she didn't want to quit. I have a digital clock on the piano and can't just glance at it and tell when 30 minutes is up. When I thought the lesson was over, she said we still had 10 minutes, so we played some more. She didn't bring her 1st book with her so we started on the new book she had. It has an accompanying theory book to go along with it and we did two pages of theory. She didn't like the theory too much, but the book has a theory lesson along with each piece. She won't be able to play through this book as quickly as she has the other beginning books. I like to teach Carrielee and she is a quick learner. Her mother plays 3-4 instruments and writes music so she comes from a musical family.

I had a good workout with Janet. The rain had stopped except for a light sprinkling and I went to the P.O. and pharmacy after the workout.

Mary Kate and the kids will leave LaGrange, GA Saturday night and drive to Knoxville to see Frankie and will come to our house Sunday night and stay 'til Tuesday or Wednesday.

No comments: