Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Singer

Went to H'ville this morning. Had to take back some Land's End towels and a bathing suit to Sear's and while there we looked at the sewing machines.They had a Singer that was in my price range but we wanted to go to Hancock's and look at their machines. The big name brand was way over my budget but Karen found some other machines that were sitting on a shelf. They were various name brands and we found a Singer that was heavy enough and it was on sale for $199.00, $100.00 off. It was a better machine than the one at Sear's so I got it. Karen found some patterns on sale for $1.50. They are usually $17-18.00. Wow! It's been a long time since I've sewed anything that used a pattern. Back when I was sewing, $8.00 was an expensive pattern.

After we were through with Hancock's, I wanted to go to Hazel Green to give Sadie her machine. I found the way through the back roads and as we were driving up to her drive way, Sadie was in the car backing out. I drove on in and we got out. Seem like Sadie was driving Trudy to a Dr. appointment and we got there just in time. Sadie was excited about the machine. I had asked if she wanted a machine and she had said yes, but she didn't know when she would be getting it. After talking a few minutes, we all drove away.

It rained some tonight. I don't know how much but we'll have to get the grass cut now. It's been looking shaggy for a while, while other parts of the yard didn't need cutting. Perhaps it will rain some more late tonight. It's been weeks since we've had any rain. It's been so hot and dry that the tomato plants have stopped growing. I'm sure I've mentioned this before.

No comments: