Monday, July 30, 2012

Cabinet Day

I lead the exercises at the senior center and then went home to wait for my 11:00 AM Dr appointment. I saw Dr. Walker for a routine check-up. I was concerned about gaining 5 lbs and the nurse checked my sugar and it was 120. I had eaten a banana right before the appointment and that's why it was 120. I know nothing about how high or low one's sugar should be. The nurse said around 100 was good. The Dr. said not to worry about it. I'm getting my thyroid checked. I take meds for it so it'll probably show normal. The weight gain is because I have been eating too much food. I guess I'll just have to get used to the weight for I don't want to do any dieting. I'm not eating sweets or any other "good" food. I guess every extra bite counts against me. I'm just worried all those pants I bought from Land's End won't fit me this year. I've got plenty of church clothes now and maybe this Fall I'll have to find me some more pants. Who knows besides The Shadow?

I stopped by the Nixon Cabinet showroom after the Dr. appointment and looked at wood cabinets. I liked the oak. Real wood will cost about $1,000.00 extra. Maybe the fiberboard cabinets will do just fine. Getting new counter tops will be nice too. Frank would be happy to have the exact same tops as we have now but I want something different. He would never go with what I would really like. After lunch, Frank got dressed and we went by the showroom and Frank looked at the oak cabinets. They are nicer than the press board but the cost is so much more. I guess we'll get the press board and will be happy with them.

No comments: