Monday, July 23, 2012

Bird Bite

I was giving, or trying to give Gert a popcorn seed, and it dropped and Gertie went after my finger in anger and gave me a bite that drew blood. It's not sore to type and hopefully it won't get sore for I have some practicing on the piano to do for choir. I played through the piece today and found the parts that I will need to work on.  By the time I have to play it, I should have it learned. I'm glad to have something to practice on.

It was 92 degrees today and the heat wasn't oppressive . I put a few tomatoes in the freezer . I still have 6-8 tomatoes on the kitchen table ripening. Don't think I will fool with trying to grow anything next year except flowers. The little Zinnias have done well even though  I didn't thin them enough.

Don't have much to say tonight. Exercises at the senior center went well but I didn't go to Curves. I thought about working out at home but didn't.

I find myself worrying about my age lately. There's nothing I can do about it, so why worry? I guess it's because I'm getting closer to 70 and 70 sounds really old! I don't feel much different. Will I live 10 more years? Will my body break down? All the joys of getting older...

No comments: