Saturday, June 30, 2012

Heat Wave

We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave...so the song goes. It was 108 degrees two days ago and 107 today. It's not fun to get into a car that's probably 112 degrees and everything that is metal is burning hot.

I got up at 6 AM and showered and washed my hair and got ready to get the car to Big 10 Tires to get the flat fixed. Bobby came over before 7 AM and took the flat tire off and put the small tire on so I could drive it. I waited 1 hour and 45 minuted and it finally got done. It didn't cost me anything because I'm part of the Pep Boys network. I think that's why I didn't have pay the $19.99 fee. Flats are fixed free. It's a nice place. I like to take my car there.

At 3:00 PM, I sat down at the computer and typed three pages about my previous church callings. That took two hours. I really haven't committed to a set time to sit and write, but I'm thinking about doing so.  I'm still reading the book about writing, Down to the Bones.

I went to Walmart and bought 3 gal. of vanilla Blue Bell and an apple pie. Frank wanted some ice cream and I wanted to bake a pie and have some ice cream to take to Brenda and Bobby for being such a nice neighbor and helping us with the tire.

I bought a bathing suit from Walmart but got a size too small. The bathing suit I ordered from Land's End came in today. The first on I bought didn't fit and I hadn't tried this one on yet. I don't plan to go swimming, but I just thought I might need a suit that fit me.

No comments: