Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday At Home

My piano student came at 10 AM. She's just 9 years old but she comes from a musical family and is doing well. She mastered eight notes today. Her mom had paid me double last lesson so for today's money I let her buy the new books I had for her. It's the next lesson book and a theory book. I look forward to teaching Carrielee and really enjoy teaching, especially a child who wants to learn.

I worked around the house doing little things. I had to submit my lesson from the Write Your Life Story to the discussion group so the teacher could read what I wrote. Since I'm not so terribly creative in my writing, I doubt she'll be impressed, but I posted it like she asked. Summer Rae took the same course at the H'ville library and she got lots of handouts and personal attention. That has been lacking in the online class but I'm glad I've taken it. I printed off all of the lessons, so I can always go back and read them again. I bought two books from Amazon that the teacher recommended and I can always read them again. I'm going to try and write something every day.

Dad helped, or rather, did all the work of putting a new shower liner in the tub. He's tall enough to do it. He stood in the bathtub and unhooked all of the hooks and took the old liner down and put the new one up.

No comments: