Tuesday, February 28, 2012

More Pruning

While Frank was still in bed, I went out and pruned a privet plant that I want to grow into a tree. I have one in the old orchard that is really big that I pruned into a tree. I didn't do any pruning last year and I had quite a bit to cut out and drag to the burn pile. I need to tackle the big privet in the old orchard, too. If I hadn't been doing strength training I don't think I would have been able to to the physical labor. It felt good to be able to do the work. I also walked around the yard and picked up branches that had fallen off the trees. It won't be to long before the grass will be growing. Bobby was out on his riding lawn mower with a large bag on the back going over his lawn making it look nice. I wish I was able to do that, too.

Ann and I went VT this afternoon at 5 PM. We had never met this sister before.  She lives very close to the nuclear plant and has a wonderful view of the river from her living room and master bedroom. It's a new house and she gave us a tour. She has Parkinson's disease but it is slow in progressing. She likes to talk and our visit was very enjoyable.

No comments: