Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday

I had laundry to do today and I did some cooking at lunch. I cooked some brown rice to go with the beans. I heard that the added rice makes the beans a complete protein. It was good to have more variety in the diet. I cooked a cauliflower too. The birds like a bit of raw cauliflower.

The weather is in the 50's today. Frank found a yellow bellied sapsucker drilling holes in the Maple tree and he was concerned about the health of the tree. He called the extension office to ask about the bird. I told him it wouldn't hurt anything and Doug Chapman said the same thing! I looked at the holes it was drilling and they were perfectly round and the sap was oozing out of the holes. The bird knew what it was doing.

 We had a good day together. We exercised a while and then watched the Glen Beck show. Glen always shows the news that no one else is showing. He's interesting and sometimes disturbing, but it's the truth.

No comments: