Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Holiday

I knew it was Martin Luther King, Jr Day today but I guess I thought it didn't figure into my life. I went to the senior center to teach and it was closed. I went on to Curves and it was closed! I came home early and I had some cooking to do, so it all worked out.

I had gotten the birds some veggies (and us too) and I cooked a cauliflower, some string beans, a sweet potato and a pot of 15 bean soup. And by 10:15 AM I was through in the kitchen, except for the beans. Most of the birds liked the cauliflower but I noticed Gert didn't eat any of his. I'll give them sweet potato tomorrow morning. I still have two yellow squash to cut up and put in the freezer for them.

Frank winterized the faucets outside the house and we have to get some straw to put over the well. I think it's alright but he wants to get some more straw to put over it. It was in the 50's today and I guess it will rain sometime soon. That's what it usually does. The weather warms up and then it rains. That's okay, I don't mind rain.

No comments: