Thursday, January 5, 2012

Great Exercise

I just love working out with Janet. The first 20 minutes is cardio on a bike and then we do strength training. I'm learning new moves I can do at home. I'll teach at the senior center tomorrow, then go to Curves and then to Walmart for some grocery shopping. I'll be getting back into a routine and that will be nice.

I finished The White Lioness, a Kirk Wallender Mystery by Henning Mankell. He's Swedish and his books have to be translated but they are great novels. I just finished my second book of his and may start on a third tonight. Then, again, I may just watch some TV. I've read 31 books of the 51 I've bought. Some of the books have been too bad for me to read, but the majority have been decent books.

Rikki has liver cancer. We don't know how much longer she'll be with us. We're giving her Rx's to support her liver and feeding her all sorts of goodies to help her gain weight. We moved her heater closer to where she sits in the day time. She's such a good bird and has such a great vocabulary that I hate to think of her not being around. We've had her 16 years, and expected to have her  16 more years. We've had Rosko 21 years and that's old for a nanday conure. Gert is in his 30's. I don't know exactly how old he is but I would believe he's in his 30's. He likes to sit on top of his cage and survey the surrounding territory. He won't associate with Frank or me but he's a good part of our flock. He'll get Rikki's cage when she dies.

No comments: