Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Missed A Day

I don't know why I didn't post Monday. After all, it was my birthday; my last birthday in the decade of the sixty's. Frank gave me some money and Kathy sent me some jewelry and Karen made me some brownies and gave me a small pot of flowers and a DVD, The Testaments. Mary Kate posted on my wall but the other two children forgot it was my birthday. They would hate if if we forgot their birthdays for they get a check from us!

Ruth came up today and took me out to lunch for my birthday. We shopped at the Country Lane Discount store first and then stopped by the Re Store. I found a room that I didn't know was there. I have some children's books and some of Frank's shoes that I can take by there. I'd been wondering where I could take the books. We also shopped at Goody's and both bought some blouses and I got a red plaid vest. I will take one shirt back for it doesn't fit that well. It only cost $7 something.

After Ruth and I parted, I took Frank to Jody's Optical to get his new glasses. He got a pair of reading glasses and a pair of progressives to see far away and near, too. They are like mine, except in a much weaker prescription. They are nice looking frames. He got the kind that you can literally tie in knots and not hurt the frames. He's got to get used to having real glasses. He's used to the $1.00 a pair reading glasses that he can clean with his shirttail.  Tomorrow, I take Rikki to Dr Jan's. I need some more medicine to put in her water and will get several bottles of it and some more of the herb pills I sprinkle on her food. We've been feeding her Nutriberries to try and fatten her up. She eats all that I will give her, so maybe it's working. I'll see tomorrow. I'll need to stay up and do some laundry and go to Curves. I see Dr Jan at 3 PM.

No comments: