Wednesday, November 23, 2011

No Stormy Weather

The cold front wasn't all that cold and we didn't get any storms. It was in the 50's today. I took Dad to H'ville to the Dr and I just wore a button down shirt and a vest. I was a little chilly at the Dr's office and would have liked to have had a light coat on. We got home and had lunch, and I had to go to Janet's house at 2:30 PM. After that, I went to Lawler's Bar-be-cue and had to wait in line for 30 minutes to pick up the smoked turkey! Everyone had the same idea at the same time! Then I went to Walmart for some milk and veggies and bread for Mary Kate's family. Walmart was a madhouse! I had to park in the last parking space right before the highway. I got checked out fast and was soon on my way home.

When I got home, Frank got into the turkey. It was cold and wrapped in plastic. He didn't much like it and will warm his up tomorrow. I had soaked some beans and had to cook them. They will be done by 9 PM tonight. I think MK will make her stuffing. There is no room for anything else in the refrigerator so I hope she's not bringing anything. I did get some fresh veggies so we can eat healthy tomorrow. I have no dessert planned but I do have cake mixes and brownie mix. We will be well fed on Thanksgiving day.

I tried calling Trudy to see how Sadie was doing but got the answering machine. I still want to go shopping Friday. Hopefully, we will.

No comments: