Saturday, November 5, 2011

Great Week-end!

Trudy and I left Athens Friday at 1:55 PM. We didn't have any trouble finding the hotel. We got there before Mary Kate and we checked into the room. The TV didn't work good so when Mary Kate got there they put us in another room. The room had too large beds, a micro wave and refrigerator that wasn't too cool. The girls went wild jumping from bed to bed and having a great time! The beds were a little too high for me to just sit on-I had to jump up to get on the mattress. It was funny.

We went out for supper and ate at a Mexican restaurant. I didn't know what to order but found some talapia that was broiled with a bunch of veggies. It was pretty good and the girls got this flaming, sizzling pan of veggies and meat to make tacos with. We wanted to eat healthy and it was a good meal. I paid for it and it was $28.00. Next, we went to this giant thrift store and I think the girls got a few things. We went back to the hotel and watched two movies and finally fell asleep around 12:00 AM. We had to get up for breakfast at the hotel by 8:30 AM so we went without make-up! It was a good breakfast with eggs, bacon, bagels muffins, waffles orange juice and milk. It was a hearty breakfast for us. We then started out for a morning of shopping!

We found an even larger thrift store and wandered around there for some time. We wanted to try on the clothes but this store didn't have any dressing rooms. I put some shirts back but got four. Both Mary Kate and Trudy got clothes. Then, it was time for lunch at 1:45 PM. We ate at the Olive Garden. It was pricey but the girls shared one entree and I got some ravioli that I knew I could chew. The salad was excellent and the waiter was very attentive. When we first got there, he offered us a taste of wine! We declined and ordered our food. It was a nice leisurely lunch. We next went to some outlet stores.

The outlet stores were all new. I went into the Famous Shoe Store and bought a pair of Sketchers tie up tennis shoes. The size 8 was a tad too big so I got a wide 7 1/2. I hope I didn't mess up by going down a 1/2 size. Mary Kate bought some work- out clothes and we wandered around looking. we finally got our fill of shopping and went back to the hotel where MK's car was parked. She had complained of smelling the car, so we checked her fluids. She was almost out of oil and her radiator was lot. We went to a Shell station and bought 2 quarts of oil and put it in. We put some water in the radiator too. We said out good-byes at the service station and went our separate ways. Trudy and I got home about 4 PM. She helped me get all the things in from the car. She came downstairs to look at the bed and headboard Forrest is getting. We'll have to move quite a bit of stuff for them to be able to get the mattress and box spring out of the bedroom. The bed is full of storage. It was a great Fri-Sat for us and we plan to do it with Sophia and Sadie next time and make it a temple trip, too. 

No comments: