Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Dr Visit

Frank saw Dr Moody for his eye check-up and all was well. He got to take off the clear eye shield he was wearing. He's still putting drops in his eye. He'll see Dr Moody one more time and will get a prescription for some glasses that will help him read better.

I went to Curves after the Dr visit and then went to Isom's orchard to get 1/2 peck of apples and then stopped by Walmart to get Frank a turkey TV dinner. I got a couple of them and three cartons of powdered milk and 4 loaves of bread. We eat lots of bread. Well, I only eat 1 1/2 pieces a day but Frank eats more. I like to have plenty of bread in the freezer so I won't run out.

I wanted to know how many calories were in cooked wheat berries so I Googled it and found an answer!  1/2 cup of berries have 151 calories in them, 6 g of protein and 4 g of fiber. I also wanted a recipe for the peas and asparagus casserole I am to take to Trudy's for Thanksgiving and I found one that was just right! The computer is a marvelous thing.

We got a sample of freeze dried food from Wise Foods and I fixed it tonight for supper. It was lasagna and I just boiled 4 cups of water and then stirred the food in and let it set for 15 minutes. It was gross! Frank wouldn't eat it but I have more will power and I forced myself to eat a cup of it. It had 49% of you daily dose of sodium in it! We won't be buying any fancy, costly, freeze dried food in the future.

No comments: