Friday, July 22, 2011

Dry and Hot

I went to the Decker's house to feed their cats and then went to Curves to exercise. I didn't go to the Senior Center like I had planned for I needed to check on the cats this morning. I stopped by the PO and mailed the "Eggies" back. That will be a refund I'll get. I also stopped by the shoe shop to get a snap put on my scripture cover. It was made to fit a quad and my Bible fits into it fine but it is too big for my Book of Mormon.

I had looked online for the scripture covers and hadn't been able to find any but Frank somehow found a bookstore that had them.What I wanted did retail for $42.00 for the leather and I needed two. Well, the clerk found some that were discontinued and they were only $9 something! The price for two was going to be $85.00 and I got the discontinued ones for $28.00. I saved $65.00!

I had to leave the scripture cover with the cobbler so he could fix the snap so it wouldn't rub on the book. My scriptures are leather but the cover will preserve the leather even longer. I wouldn't want the snap to rub on the book.

I bought a device  that cleans the insides of the car windshield. I tried it out today and it worked. It was a pad on a long handle that would curve with the windshield and reach all parts of it. I had tried to clean it with a towel but I couldn't reach all of the windshield. It's nice to see out. Now, if we could just have some rain to wash away the dust that is all over the car!

We went out and rolled up the 100' black hose that was lying in the yard not being used. Tomorrow, the grass cutters will be coming. But just after we got the hose put up the cutters came and are mowing the yard now. It's 7 PM and it's cooler for them now than tomorrow morning. Our grass loves the hot weather and grows rapidly from week to week.

No comments: