Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Good Step Day

So far I've gotten 4894 steps in for today. That's the most steps I've gotten since I've been wearing the pedometer. I went to Curves and to Walmart today and that's what racked up the steps for me. At one point, in Walmart, I was lost! I was looking for the pens and had stopped to get a plastic container and then didn't know where I was! I kept walking and finally found the pens and then I knew where I was. Walmart is a BIG store.

I bought a lot of groceries that I don't usually buy. My diet calls for more protein than I usually eat so I got some pork chops and fish and shrimp. The refrigerator is over flowing. The pork chops were thick and I am used to the thin ones. They were tough pan fried so I'll have to slow cook them to make them tender. I made some more Quinoa (keen-wa). It says to use 1 cup of water to 1/2 cup of Quinoa but I make a cup and it swells up like rice. I have quinoa for several days now! That's what I like, left-overs. I bought a duffel bag for $12.00, but it's too big for what I want it for. I need to divide up the food in our 72-hour kit so we'll be able to carry it if necessary. I saw an $8.00 one that was smaller. That's a good price for I was thinking about getting back packs for the purpose and they would really be expensive.  

No comments: