Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bill Paying Day

Paying bills on the computer is so much easier than doing it by hand. I remember the old way of writing checks, putting everything in the envelopes, closing the envelopes and putting stamps on them and carting them out to the mail box. What a chore! Then you had to balance the check-book. That's still a good thing to do today!

It's been raining all day today. I swept the floors and prepared lunch and had to wait on Dad to finish some computer work before we could pay bills. I want to get where I can do the bills by myself if something should happen to Frank. It's becoming easier the more I do it.

Trudy is still out of electricity I suppose. She has no phone with a land line so I can't get in touch with her. There is still a lot of work to be done to clean up after the storms of last week. TVA is working hard to get the power back on to Madison county. We were so fortunate that our electricity didn't go out.

Richard's choir has been in England. I hope he is back by now. Mary Kate and the kids have been home. The tornadoes hit parts of Georgia too.

No comments: