Monday, April 25, 2011

Trip To Hartselle

Taught my class today and went to Karen's for scripture study. Got home and got ready to take Rosko and Rikki to Hartselle to see Dr Jan for their trims. It was an uneventful trip except that I some how didn't see the turn off I should have taken and missed it. There was another Hartselle turn off and I took that, but I realized that I had messed up and turned around at the Faulkville-Eva exit. My mind must have been of the traffic to miss the turn off. I've been going there for 21 years and never had this problem!

The birds wings didn't need much trimming but their beaks and toe nails did. I got back home at 5 PM. Rosko was tired and wanted to go to bed about 6:15 PM. Dr Jan gave me some herbal capsules to sprinkle over Gert's food to take "the edge" off his behavior. He is afraid of hands and won't come out of the cage. This medicine is supposed to mellow him, if it works.

The work begins on the retaining walls tomorrow. I plan to take a lawn chair out and watch them. I love to watch other people work! They brought some sort of machine over today and parked it out back.

Some fire ants have set up residence at the end of the sidewalk. I used Raid on them when they were near the front steps, but they just moved on down the sidewalk and began their nest building again. I have some powered fire ant poison that I will have to put on them tomorrow before they take over the place.

No comments: